1. A. prefer B. better C. teacher D. worker
2. A. bear B. hear C. dear D. near
3. A. collect B. concern C. concert D. combine
|4. A. watches||B. brushes||C. teacher||D. goes|
|5. A. meat||B. fish||C. beef||D. tea|
6. Nga ___________ English at the moment.
A. learns B. to learn
C. are learning D. is learning
7. How do you go to school? - ___________
A. on bus B. by bus.
C. with bus D. bus
8. My birthday is ___________ the ___________ of November.
B. at ...thirtieth
9. ‘It was a super show, wasn’t it?’ ‘___________’
A. Great, I really enjoyed it.
B. It’s my pleasure
C. Thanks, you’re really kind
D. Yes, but it was quite boring
10. ‘Shall we have a coffee?’ ‘___________. I have to go.’
|A. Sorry I can’t||B. Not at all||C. Good idea||D. With pleasure|
11. You have to take care of ___________ when you are away from home.
|A. you||B. your||C. yourself||D. yours|
12. You ___________ stay at home when you are sick.
|A. had better||B. should||C. mustn’t||D. A and B|
13. Some young people work ___________ hospital volunteers.
|A. as||B. too||C. so||D. same|
14. What ___________ naughty boy!
|A. a||B. an||C. is||D. are|
15. ‘Would you like to have dinner with me? ‘___________’
A. Yes, I would B. Why
C. I’d love to D. It’s doesn’t matter
16. I admire him because of his _____________ to everyone. KIND
17. The careful preparation has made the contest more _____________ ATTRACT
18. Mai wants some _____________ about her old friends. INFORM
19. You look fatter. How much do you _____________ WEIGHT
20. He answered all my questions _____________ LOGIC
21. I rarely think _____________ the weather.
22. It’s a quick journey __________ Manchester __________ Leeds.
23. Jane goes to the office early __________ Tuesdays.
24. I saw him sometime __________ June.
25. Meet me __________ the station.
26. Yesterday, I (not go) to the theater with my parents.
27. If they (come), I (tell) them about that.
28. We (see) that film several times.
29. I (not go) to school at the moment.
30. She (get) married last year?
31. Mr. Ba work in a factory for five days a week.
31. Mr. Ba work in a factory for five days a week.
32. In my opinion, Tam is a more lazier student than Hoa is.
33. My children don’t like those kind of imported toys.
34. I like studying history and I find this subject very interested.
35. Ken is a very more careful driver than Simon.
For many years, people believe that the cleverest animals after man were chimpanzees. Now, however, there is proof that dolphins may be cleverer than chimpanzees. Although dolphins live in the sea, it is not fish. It is an animal in many ways therefore, like a human being, dolphins have a simple language. They are able to talk to one another. It may be possible for man to learn how to talk to dolphins but this will not be easy because dolphins can’t hear the man’s sound. If man wants to talk to dolphins, he will have to make the third language both man and dolphins understand. Dolphins are also very friendly toward man. They often follow ships. There are many stories of dolphins guiding ships through difficult and dangerous water.
36. Which animals do people think may be the cleverest?
|A. chimpanzees||B. dolphins||C. mammals||D. fish|
37. What are dolphins like?
|A. fish||B. animals||C. men||D. ships|
38. What have scientists discovered about dolphins?
A. They can understand simple language
B. Man can talk to them
C. They can speak to one another
D. They can teach men their language
39. Which of the following sentences is not correct?
A. Chimpanzees aren’t not the cleverest
B. Man may learn how to talk to Dophins
C. Dolphins often guide ships
D. Dolphin is a fish
40. Who does the word He in line 5 refer to?
A. human being
41. My brother plays video games twice a week.
42. We rarely eat out because it is far too expensive.
43. Her son is going to invent a new game.
44. There are thousands of books in the new public library.
45. Hoa played tennis with her friends last weekend.
46. Why were you absent from class last Monday? (didn’t)
-> Why ________________________________last Monday?
47. Can you tell me the way to the post office? (show)
-> Could you please __________________________ to the post office?
48. To do morning exercises regularly is good for your health. (health)
-> It is __________________________________do morning exercises regularly.
49. Can the little boy look after himself when his mother is away? (take)
-> Can the little boy ______________________________when his mother is away?
50. John found driving on the left difficult. (driving)
-> John wasn’t used _____________________________ on the left.
I. 1. A; 2. A; 3. C
4. C; 5. D
6. D; 7. B; 8. D; 9. D; 10. A; 11. C; 12. D; 13. A; 14. A; 15. C
16. kindness – 17. attractive 18. information 19. weigh 20. logically
21. about; 22. from – to; 23. on; 24. in; 25. at
26. didn’t go
27. come – will tell
28. have seen
29. am not going
31. work -> works
32. more lazier -> lazier
33. kind -> kinds
39. The young members of the family receive lucky money wrapped in red tiny
34. interested -> interesting
35. bỏ very
36. A; 37. C; 38. C; 39. D; 40 A;
41. How often does your brother play video games?
42. Why do you rarely eat out?
43. What is her son going to do?
44. How many books are there in the new public library?
45. Who did Hoa play tennis with last weekend?
46. Why didn’t you go to class last Monday?
47. Could you please show me the way to post office?
48. It is good for your health to do morning exercises regularly.
49. Can the little boy take care of himself when his mother is away?
50. John wasn’t used to driving on the left