1. A. cable B. station C. answer D. latest
2. A. kitchen B. catch C. chemistry D. armchair
3. A.armchair B.kitchen C.catch D. chemistry
|4. A. table||B. chair||C. shelf||D. street|
|5. A. city||B. chocolate||C. brush||D. wash|
6. ‘Would you like some bread? ‘_____________. I’m full.’
A. Yes, please B. All right
C. No, thanks D. Never mind
7. ‘Hi, Tom. _____________?’ ‘Not bad. And you?’
A. How’s everything B. What do you do
C. What’s everything D. How do you do
8. My sister and I _____________ television in the living - room now.
A. am watching
B. are watching
C. is watching
9. In the evening, all the family members _____________ in the living room to watch TV.
|A. spend||B. come||C. gather||D. stand|
10. You should not ride so _____________. You may have an accident.
|A. carely||B. carelessly||C. carefully||D. careful|
11. Were you absent _____________ school yesterday?
|A. at||B. to||C. from||D. in|
12. There are _____________ eggs in the fridge.
|A. a lot||B. a few||C. a little||D. little|
13. ‘_____________?’ ‘By bus.’
A. What did you take to get there
B. How did you get there
C. Did you get there by motorbike
D. How long did it take to get there
14. I am going _____________ Ha Long bay.
|A. visiting||B. visit||C. visited||D. to visit|
15. What about _____________ table-tennis?
A. to play B. playing
C. plays D. play
16. If the Earth (be) warmer, the sea level (rise).
17. They (not do) their homework yet.
18. My family (travel) to Da Nang by air last summer.
19. They (visit) Hoi An this summer vacation.
20. Our football team (play) football on Sundays.
21. The collect (A) of stamps made (B) him become (C) famous in the country (D).
22. Let’s (A) practise listening (B) to English (C) programs in the radio (D).
23. What about (A) play tennis (B) in stead of (C) going to (D) the cinema?
24. Don’t turn on (A) the TV, please (B). I am so tired (C) to watch (D).
25. They turn in (A) the radio (B) to listen to (C) some news (D).
expensive - after - fun - temple - types - shop
vacation - bought - thought - like
Liz has just come back from her (26) __________ in Nha Trang. It was really wonderf She had a lot of (27) __________ For Liz, the people in Nha Trang were friendly and t food was delicious. But she thought that most things there weren’t cheap. They we quite (28) __________.
Her parents took her to see Cham (29) __________ and Tri Nguyen Aquarium. In Tri Nguyen Aquarium they saw some sea animals (30) __________ sharks, dolphins and turtles. They also saw a lot of different (31) __________ of fish. Liz liked the colorful fish. She (32) __________ they were the most beautiful. They bought some things from the souvenir (33) __________ near the exit of the aquarium. Liz’s father (34) __________ her a cap with a picture of dolphin, and her mother bought a poster. Liz bought gifts for her friends. (35) __________ the trip Liz didn’t feel tired at all. She had a great time!
31. Nam is (A) not a good student. He is (B) always forget (C) his homework (D).
32. There is (A) many (B) furniture made of (C) wood in (D) the sitting room.
33. The doctor (A) advised me (B) to eat (C) fewer (D) sugar.
34. Now we can (A) explore (B) the oceans to use (C) special (D)TV cameras.
35. I tried (A) hardly (B) to remember (C) his name but I couldn’t (D).
Tet holiday is celebrated on the first day of the Lunar New Year. Some weeks before th New Year, the Vietnamese clean their house and paint the walls. New clothes are bought fo the occasion.
One or two days before the festival, people make Banh Chung, which is the traditional cake, and other goodies. On the New Year’s Eve, the whole family gets together for a reunion dinner. Every member of the family should be present during the dinner in which many different kinds of dishes are served.
On the New Year morning, the young members of the family pay their respects to the elders. In return they receive lucky money wrapped in red tiny envelopes. Then people go to visit their neighbors, friends and relatives.
36. When do the Vietnamese celebrate Tet holiday?
37. Do they make Banh Chung after the festival?
38. What do they do on the New Year’s Eve?
39. Who receives lucky money?
40. Do they visit their neighbors, friend and relatives on the New Year morning?
41. It’s a good idea for me to stay at home.
→I’d rather ____________________________________________________________
42. Mr James is a dangerous driver.
43. Hurry or you’ll be late for the train.
44. Nobody in the group can play football as well as he can.
→He is _________________________________________________________________
45. How heavy is the chicken?
46. in every class/ putting recycling bins/talk to/ at school about/ teachers/ students
47. smart TV / house / I / my / super / have / will / a / in /.
48. throwing them away/instead of/ last year clothes/ to charity/ give/.
49. your teeth/ the dishes/turn the tap off/or wash/ when you brush/.
50. more/there will be/if/ cycle/less air pollution/people/,/
1. C 2. C 3. D
4. D 5. A
6. C 7. A 8. B 9. C 10. B 11. C 12. B 13. B 14. D 15. B
16. is – will rise 17. haven’t done 18. travelled
19. are going to visit 20. play
21. A. collect -> collection
22. D. in the radio -> on the radio
23. B. play tennis -> playing tennis
24. C. so -> too
25. A. turn in -> turn on
26. vacation 27. fun 28. expensive 29. temple 30. like
31. types 32. thought 33. shop 34. bought 35. after
36. The Vietnamese celebrate Tet holiday on the first day of the Lunar New Year.
37. No, they don’t. They make Banh Chung after the festival.
38. They get together for a reunion dinner on the New Year’s Eve.
39. The young members of the family receive lucky money wrapped in red tiny
40. Yes, they do.
41. I’d rather stay at home.
42. Mr James drives dangerously.
43. If you don’t hurry, you’ll be late for the train.
44. He is the best football player in the group.
45. What is the weight of the chicken?
46. Teachers talk to students about putting recycling bins in every class at school.
47. I will have a super smart TV in my house.
48. Give last year clothes to charity instead of throwing them away.
49. Turn the tap off when you brush your teeth or wash the dishes.
50. If people cycle more, there will be less air pollution.