1. A. lake B. cabbage C. population D. space
2. A. hungry B. range C. orange D. change
3. A. shoulder B.mountain C.housework D. round
|4. A. oranges||B. apples||C. bananas||D. flowers|
|5. A. tablet||B. chocolate||C. math||C. medicine|
6. They couldn’t go on a picnic ___________ the weather was bad.
A. because B. when
C. but D. or
7. This small ___________ is used to play table tennis.
A. racket B. stick
C. bat D. hoop
8. My joke made the whole class ___________
9. The boss wants his ___________ to type some letters.
|A. secretary||B. novelist||C. journalist||D. musician|
10. We always need more players. Why don’t you come ___________ us?
|A. on||B. along||C. with||D. after|
11. ‘It’s a lovely day. Shall we go for a walk?’ ___________’
|A. No, problem||B. Great idea!||C. You’re right||D. Enjoy yourself|
12. ‘I passed the entrance exam into Le Hong Phong.’ ‘___________!’
|A. Good luck||B. Congratulations||C. How well||D. Thank goodness|
13. We shouldn’t cross the street outside the ___________
A. pavement B. foot lane C. sidewalk D. zebra crossing
14. She _____ us Literature every Monday morning. She didn’t _____ us yesterday.
A. teaches/ teach B. teaches/ taught C. taught/ taught D. taught/ teaches
15. Don’t forget _______ your teeth before going to bed.
A. brush B. brushing
C. to brush D. not to brush
16. Hoa is the most ________________ student in the class. (HELP)
17. What do ________________ often do in their free time? (TEEN)
18. Television is one of the most popular means of ________________ (ENTERTAIN)
19. Do you know the name of our new ________________? (CLASS)
20. The children are all _____________ about going to the circus tonight. (EXCITE)
21. Who is that girl over there __________ the red dress?
22. Can you help me __________ the cleaning?
23. In a game of singles, two players play _______ each other.
24. His parents are very strict ______ him.
25. Many people take part _______ jogging every morning.
|26. Who did you go with for lunch||A. Oh, I don’t either.|
|yesterday?||B. So am I.|
|27. Why didn’t you go to Nam’s birthday||C. What do you think I should do.|
|party two days ago?||D. We should go to see her.|
|28. I dislike Chinese food.||E. I went with my parents.|
|29. Mary’s off sick again.||F. I’m sorry. I don’t think I can.|
|30. I don’t know what to do.||G. Because I had to visit my grandparents.|
31. Nam is (A) not a good student. He is (B) always forget (C) his homework (D).
32. There is (A) many (B) furniture made of (C) wood in (D) the sitting room.
33. The doctor (A) advised me (B) to eat (C) fewer (D) sugar.
34. Now we can (A) explore (B) the oceans to use (C) special (D)TV cameras.
35. I tried (A) hardly (B) to remember (C) his name but I couldn’t (D).
Thank you for calling the North London Arts Cinema. It opens 7 days a week, showing a variety of British and foreign films. Next week we still show an Italian film called “Midnight Meeting”. It is set in Milan in the 1950s. You can see that film from Monday to Thursday. It will be on twice a day in the evenings. That’s at 6.45 and 9.15. The film lasts two hours and fifteen minutes. Tickets are ₤4, but there is a special student ticket at ₤2.80 for all our midweek films. Please bring your student card if you want the cheaper ticket. The nearest car park to the cinema is in Victory Street. It’s just five-minute walk from the cinema. Thank you for calling the North London Arts Cinema. If you require further information, phone during office hours – 9am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
36. How many days a week does the North London Arts Cinema open?
37. What is the title of film next week?
38. How long does the film last?
39. What does a student have to do if he wants the cheaper ticket?
40. How far is it from the nearest car park to the cinema?
41. She didn’t go out last night. I didn’t go out either. (neither)
42. She can play the guitar. She can play the piano, too. (both…. and)
43. He was tired. He didn’t want to go to bed. (but)
44. She was practicing speaking English. I came into her room. (when)
45. The boy climbed the tree. He picked some fruit. (and then)
46. I/ be/ pleased/ hear/ that/ you/ your family/ well.
47. Here/ photo/ my family/ and/ let/ me/ tell/ you/ us.
48. Father/ mechanic/. He/ work/ factory/ suburb.
49. He/ work/ five/ days/ a week/ Monday/ Friday.
50. He usually/go/ work/ motorbike/ morning/ so he/ not free/ every morning.
1. B; 2. D; 3. A;
4. D; 5. B;
6. A; 7. A; 8. C; 9. A; 10. C; 11. B; 12. B; 13. D; 14. A; 15. C;
16. helpful; 17. teenagers; 18. entertainments ;
19. classmate; 20. excited ;
21. in; 22. with; 23. with; 24. to; 25. in ;
26. E; 27. G; 28. A; 29. D; 30. C;
31. C. forget -> forgetting
32. B. many -> much
33. D. fewer -> less
34. C. to use -> by using
35. B. hardly -> hard
36. It opens 7 days a week.
37. It is “Midnight Meeting”
38. It lasts two hours and fifteen minutes.
39. He has to bring his student card.
40. It is just five – minute walk.
41. She didn’t go out last night and neither did I.
42. She can play both the guitar and the piano.
43. He was tired, but he didn’t want to go to bed.
44. When I came into her room, she was practicing speaking English.
45. The boy climbed the tree and then he picked some fruit.
46. I am pleased to hear that you and your family are well.
47. Here is the photo of my family and let me tell you about us.
48. My father is a mechanic. He works in/for a factory in the suburb.
49. He works five days a week from Monday to Friday.
50. He usually goes to work by motorbike in the morning, so he is not free every morning.